Manny Pacquiao confirms fight with Conor McGregor

Manny Pacquiao confirms a fight with Conor McGregorManny Pacquiao confirmed that he will fight Conor McGregor in the Middle East next year.
McGregor tweeted on Friday night and shared a series of conversations he had with UFC President Dana White earlier this year.

‘The Notorious’ then ended his speech by telling fans that he will be returning to the square circle to face Pacquiao.

Now, ‘Pac-Man’ has responded and has given the green light to a major inter-promotional confrontation next year.

Pacquiao’s office said, “For the sake of all the victims of the Philippine Covid-19, Senator Manny Pacquiao will be fighting UFC star Conor McGregor next year.”

“Most of your earnings will go to those affected by the pandemic across the country.”

McGregor’s last fight was in 2017 when he faced Floyd Mayweather in a fight called ‘The Greatest Fight in Combat Sports History’. The 32-year-old retired from the UFC earlier this year, but his private messages to White showed he was desperate to compete this year.

In June, McGregor said he was “bored” with the current situation in the UFC, as “nothing excites him”.

He used Twitter to make the bombshell retirement announcement before explaining his reasons in an interview with ESPN.

“The game just doesn’t excite me and that’s it,” he said.